Good Food For The Planet
Good Food Oxford promotes an environmentally sustainable food system. In particular, our activities acknowledge that food waste has massive implications for environment and equity, and work towards reducing food waste in Oxford. We promote and build on existing initiatives in Oxford and Oxfordshire to go further in creating a zero waste culture, reaching out to business and the 99%.
Good Food Oxford offer support, consultancy and publicity to our network members working towards good food for the planet. We also undertake a variety of research and projects on food sustainability in Oxford.
- ‘Research Kitchen‘ event series, in collaboration with the Oxford University Environmental Change Institute.
- Eco-friendly eating campaign in partnership with Low Carbon Oxford North, including resources for meat-free eating.
- Annual Oxford Pumpkin Festival, an international food waste awareness event, piloted by Good Food Oxford and Hubbub.
- Research and pilots to increase local sourcing and reduce food waste with platforms such as OLIO, Too Good To Go and Open Food Network.
- Establishment of ‘Most Sustainable Restaurant Award’ for Oxfordshire Restaurant Awards.
- Partnering with Love Food Hate Waste and Master Composters to bring food waste resources to Oxford events.
- Campaigning for tighter food waste regulation.
Oxford Initiatives and Resources
Food Waste Reduction
Love Food Hate Waste Champions
WRAP Food Waste Reduction
Oxfordshire Master Composters
Oxford City Council Food Waste Recycling
The Oxford Food Bank
Oxford Pumpkin Festival
Too Good to Waste Oxfordshire
Oxford Food Surplus Cafe
OLIO Food Sharing App
Oxford Food Justice
A number of local Community Action Groups working to address food waste issues.