Good Food for Business
Good Food Oxford is striving to make Oxfordshire a thriving regional food hotspot, which requires a strong network of local businesses working together. This covers everything from production to processing to retail, and involves scaling up from what exists already, bringing larger players on board.
Good Food Oxford offer support, consultancy and publicity to our network members working towards good food for business. We also undertake a variety of research and projects to help grow our local food economy including:
- Made in Oxfordshire – Report from Good Food Oxford & Local Nexus event on relocalising manufacturing
- Research Kitchen event series linking university research and local organisations.
- Establishment of ‘Most Sustainable Restaurant Award’ for Oxfordshire Restaurant Awards.
- Research and project development for a Food Hub for Oxford.
- Research and pilots with online marketplaces and redistribution platforms, such as OLIO, Too Good To Go and Open Food Network.
- Marketing workshop for local food businesses.
- Local food showcase dinner each year at the Oxford Real Farming Conference.
- Regular consultations with our business members to gauge challenges, progress and needs.
- Regular blogs and newsletters on food news and current affairs, e.g. the impact of Brexit on the food system.
City and county protocols for business, financial resources, and services that may be useful for business.
FareShare Thames Valley
Oxfordshire Community and Voluntary Action
Oxfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership
Oxford Real Farming Conference
Oxfordshire Restaurant Awards
OUSU Sustainable and Ethical Food Directory